From Victory Farm
- Napa Cabbage
- Bok Choy
- Spring Onions
From Urban Choice Mushrooms
SHIITAKE BOK CHOY SOBA NOODLE BOWL
4 cups, washed and thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
3 small/medium bok choy,
2 bunches of buckwheat soba Approximately 6 oz (*EDIT* please check the ingredient list to make sure it’s gluten free!)
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons gluten free tamari
1/8 cup mirin
2 tablespoons earth balance vegan butter
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
sesame seeds to garnish
– Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles per package instructions, drain and rinse with warm water.
– While water is coming to a boil, prepare mushrooms, sauce and bok choy.
– In a large non stick sauté pan heat earth balance butter with 4 tablespoons tamari and add mushrooms. Give a quick stir to coat and then cook on high heat for 6 minutes (do your best to not stir the after the initial mix). Give them another stir and cook an additional two minutes. The should be brown, slightly crispy and a little caramelized. Set aside until noodles are prepared.
– For the sauce, combine mirin, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of tamari.
– For the bok choy, trim off ends, wash thoroughly and dry.
– In a large wok combine noodles, sauce, bok choy and mushrooms. Cook over medium high heat until bok choy is wilted. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately!
Peanut, Carrot, and Cabbage Slaw
For the dressing:
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
For the salad:
3 cups napa cabbage, shredded (from one head of a cabbage)
4 large carrots, grated
4 green onions, sliced thinly
4 large radishes, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, to top
1/4 cup chopped peanuts, to top
To make the dressing, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
In a large salad bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, green onions and radishes. Toss with dressing. Top with sesame seeds and peanuts. Serve immediately or chill before serving. This salad is best the day it's prepared although it's just fine the next day if covered and refrigerated.