From Victory Farm
- Salad Mix
- Rainbow Radishes
From Urban Choice
- Oyster Mushrooms
From Tricycle Gardens
- oregano and thyme
QUICK WHITE BEAN CASSOULET WITH ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
5 cups water
3 cups (2-inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3 cups oyster mushrooms (about 10 ounces)
1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano and thyme
2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a large stainless-steel skillet, and add asparagus to pan. Cover and cook 2 minutes; drain. Rinse asparagus with cold water; drain well. Set aside.
2. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat. Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic; sauté 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add wine; cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in broth, marjoram, and beans; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 12 minutes or until thick and beans are very tender. Stir in black pepper.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Place French bread and butter in a food processor, and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cheese to coarse breadcrumbs; pulse until combined. Stir asparagus into bean mixture; sprinkle coarse breadcrumb mixture evenly over bean mixture. Broil 3 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
STRAWBERRY AND RADISH SALAD
(makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 lb strawberries
- 1/2 lb radishes
- about 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- about 1 tablespoon of your best extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch Italian or flat-leaved parsley
Trim the stems off both the strawberries and radishes. Cut radishes into quarters and do the same with the strawberries if they’re large; small-medium-sized strawberries can just be halved.
Wash and pat parsley dry. Trim off ends and tear the whole, long sprigs just once through the middle so that pieces are about 2″ and include the stems.
Mix the balsamic vinegar and olive oil at the bottom of a large bowl. Add the parsley and toss. Add the radishes and strawberries and toss once more. Serve immediately.