Local Food Hub
- Winesap apples
Manakintowne Specialty Growers
- Black Spanish Radish
- Romanesco cauliflower
- Lacinato Kale
LEMONGRASS CARROT GINGER SOUP
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- One 2-inch-long piece lemongrass, pounded
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- Sea salt
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the ghee or olive oil. Add the onion and sweat until translucent, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, ginger, and lemongrass and stir to coat the vegetables with the ghee or oil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and increase the heat to medium. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, blending in batches if necessary. Season with sea salt to taste and serve immediately.
Roasted Cauliflower and radish salad
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 pound), cut into small florets
- 6 radishes, halved or quartered if large
- 115.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 cups baby spinach (10 ounces)
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Toss the cauliflower, radishes, chickpeas, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast, tossing once, until the cauliflower is crisp-tender, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Gently lower the eggs into the saucepan and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and cool under running water; peel and halve.
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the spinach, almonds, and cauliflower mixture and toss to combine. Serve topped with the eggs.