From ReNew Richmond
From Local Food Hub
- Granny Smith Apples
From Manakintowne Specialty Growers
- Shoots mix
- Bravo Radish
From Urban Choice Mushrooms
- Shiitake mushrooms
Soba Noodles With Shiitake Mushrooms And Radish
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound soba noodles
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 bunch green onions, white and tender green parts only, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 radishes, grated
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, Sriracha and 3 tablespoons water and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the chicken. Simmer gently until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 10 minutes. The liquid will thicken slightly as the chicken cooks, but add a bit more water if it gets dry.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the soba noodles and a pinch of salt, and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes or according to the package directions. Immediately drain in a colander set in the sink, rinse under cold running water, and let drain again thoroughly.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, until tender, 2–3 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the soba noodles with the warm chicken and sauce, warm mushrooms and half of the green onions. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the remaining green onions, sesame oil and radish. Serve right away.
Wilted Spinach and beet salad
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups steamed beet wedges, or slices, 1/2-1 inch thick (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, parsley and garlic and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes. Add beets, vinegar, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the beets are heated through, about 1 minute more. Add the beet mixture to the spinach and toss to combine. Serve warm.
TIPS & NOTES
- Tip: How to Prep & Steam Beets: Trim greens (if any) and root end; peel the skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut beets into 1/2- to 1-inch-thick cubes, wedges or slices.
- To steam on the stovetop: Place in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water in a large pot. Cover and steam over high heat until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.