Here's a favorite summer recipe:
Sungold Pasta with Basil
- 4 tablespoons Moonshadow Grove extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces Sun Gold or cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Bombollini dried pasta
- 3/4 cup grated Everona Dairy Stonyman cheese (Pecorino style)
- 8 or more fresh basil leaves, torn
- Toasted Billy Bread breadcrumbs (for garnish)
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes, season with salt, and cook, covered slightly and swirling pan often, until tomatoes blister and burst, 10-12 minutes. Press down on tomatoes to release their juices. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5 quart pot. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until about 2 minutes before tender. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
Transfer pasta to skillet with tomatoes; set over high heat. Add 1/2 cup pasta water. Cook, stirring and tossing often, until sauce thickens and begins to coat the pasta, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining oil, cheese, and half the basil and toss until sauce coats pasta and pasta is al dente. (Add more pasta water if sauce seems dry.) Add remaining basil, season with salt, and serve with breadcrumbs, if desired.
Check out our Pintrest page for more seasonal recipes