Many of you have been asking if we carry paté. We have not yet found a supplier, but I remembered that my brother makes one every year at his in- law's house. My brother is famous, (in our family anyway) for many of his fantastic dishes, so I asked if he would share his recipe with y'all. This paté is a holiday tradition, and super easy to make for gatherings. Plus, Little House carries the ingredients, right down to our locally sourced chicken livers and eggs. Hope you enjoy!
A Distant Jewish Relative of My Mother-in-Law's Chicken Liver Paté Recipe:
- 1 lb chicken livers
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- butter or chicken fat
1) Fry the onion and garlic in the butter or chicken fat until lightly golden, then add chicken livers and cook until done.
2) Blend the chicken livers and onion and garlic in a food processor with the hard boiled eggs
3) Add salt and pepper and nutmeg, but not too much of any
4) Refrigerate overnight in the food processor bowl
5) Blend again the next day, and add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Serve with crackers or on toasted bread.