- Mixed Chicories (escarole, dandelion, radicchio)
- Padron Peppers
- Spicy Globe Basil
- Borretana Cipollini onions
Apricot-Blackberry Puff Pastry Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one 14 ounce package)
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- 3/4 cup ground toasted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten for egg wash
- 4 apricots, pitted and each cut into 8 wedges
- fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out pastry to a 13-by-15-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; trim edges with a knife. Transfer to a baking sheet; freeze for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Combine walnuts, brown sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush pastry with egg wash, avoiding edges so that egg doesn't drip over sides. Score a line around edge of pastry using a knife to create a 3/4-inch border (do not cut all the way through). Cover center with walnut mixture. Arrange apricots and blackberries on top. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake until pastry is golden brown and fruit is soft, about 30 minutes more. Let cool.
Padron Peppers with Serrano Ham
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pimientos de padrón
- 1 oz. thinly sliced serrano ham or prosciutto, torn into 2" pieces (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 1 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 lemon wedges
- thinly sliced cipollini onion (optional)
- Heat a 12" cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil and heat until it ripples and smokes lightly.
- Add peppers (onion) and ham and cook, flipping peppers occasionally with a spoon, until peppers have blistered and softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 1 more minute.
- Transfer peppers to a platter, sprinkle generously with sea salt, and serve with lemon wedges.