From Tricycle Gardens
- Slicing Tomatoes
From Tomten Farm
- Nicola Potatoes
- Sweet Peppers (Giallo Di Asti and Corno Di Toro varieties)
- Mixed Eggplant (Shoyu long, Kurume, Lao Purple and Kermit varieties)
From Manakintowne Specialty Growers
- Salad Mix
- Ruby Jonathan Apples
Adapted from the Wall Street Journal
Total Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
3 cups coconut milk
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 lb potato, peeled and cut into bite sized
3 sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large Japanese eggplant, stemmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
½ tablespoon tamarind paste (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Thai basil, for garnish
Cilantro, for garnish
3-4 cups cooked white rice, for serving
What to Do
1. In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring coconut milk and stock to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until just tender, 7-10 minutes.
2. Add pepper, eggplant, curry paste and tamarind paste, if using. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until all vegetables just soften, about 7 minutes.
3. Divide curry among four bowls and garnish with Thai basil and cilantro. Serve with cooked white rice.
APPLE, MANCHEGO AND CHIVE SALAD
3 firm tart apples (Jonathon, honey crisp or Granny Smith)
4 ounces Manchego cheese
8 chives (1/4 cup chopped)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pinches kosher salt
Slice the apples into matchsticks, then toss them with a bit of fresh lemon juice. Cut the cheese into matchsticks. Thinly slice ¼ cup chives.
Toss all ingredients with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 pinches kosher salt. Serve immediately over salad mix.