From Tricycle Gardens
- Golden and Red Beets
From Tomten Farm
- Napa Cabbage
From Local Food Hub
- Sweet Potatoes
- Crimson Crisp Apples
spicy napa cabbage slaw with cilantro dressing
This is one of my favorite go - to dishes! Just top with a protein and you have a super fresh, satisfying, quick and healthy supper!
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 fresh serrano chile, finely chopped, with seeds
- 1 small head Napa cabbage (1 1/2 pounds), cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
Whisk together vinegar, sugar, ginger, oil, chile, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add remaining ingredients and toss well. Let stand, tossing occasionally, 10 minutes.
rustic roasted beet and sweet potato salad with spinach
- 1 bunch of Beets
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- a drizzle Maple Syrup
- 1 Avocado
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Maple Roasted Pecans
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees F with the racks in the middle. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat liner. Slice the beets and sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch sticks. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Toss with your hands adding some cinnamon, garlic salt and pepper. Bake for about 40-45 minutes until slightly browned, caramelized and very soft.
- Plate spinach leaves with roasted beets and sweet potatoes. Top with avocado and maple pecans. Serve with lemon juice and olive oil or any favorite salad dressing.