Every week we pack fresh vegetables and fruits for our Veggie Box subscribers. These boxes (with recipes) are ready for pickup every Wednesday!
This week's box includes:
From Origins Farm
- Swiss Chard
- Bok Choy
From Amy's Garden
- mixed summer squash
From Tomten Farm
- Oakleaf Lettuce
This week's recipes:
- 1 pound bok choy
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as canola
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 to 2 tablespoons soy or tamari sauce
- Cut white stalks from bok choy; slice into 1-inch pieces. Coarsely chop green leaves.
- Peel stalks from broccoli; slice 1/4 inch thick. Cut florets into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, boil 1/2 cup water. Add bok choy stalks and broccoli; cover. Simmer over medium-low until broccoli is bright green, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover; cook on high until water evaporates, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add bok choy leaves, oil, and garlic. Cook, tossing often, until garlic is fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Press ginger in a sieve over skillet to release juices. Stir in soy sauce.
Here is a Summer Squash how to.
PS- Zucchini and yellow squash may be used interchangeably in recipes!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2-4 zucchini, stemmed and sliced lengthwise, into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2-4 yellow summer squash, stemmed and sliced lengthwise, into 1/2-inch thick slices
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Marinate the zucchini and yellow squash in this dressing for 10 minutes. Grill vegetables for 2 to 4 minutes per side over a hot fire and toss with enough dressing to moisten.